All Events > Insight from Avalara – 2021 sales tax changes
March 10, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
The business world encountered a myriad of sales and use tax changes throughout 2020, both in response to and on top of COVID-19. Despite these changes, one thing remains the same: the expectation, on the part of state and local jurisdictions, that businesses will stay on top of – and compliant with – relevant changes to sales and use tax regulations.
This was no easy task in 2020. As more consumers turned to online shopping, many businesses realigned their focus to ecommerce, triggering new tax obligations. In addition, state and local governments throughout the U.S. cracked down on remote seller tax compliance, increased tax rates, and introduced new taxes on digital advertising and remote employees – all in an effort to offset budget deficits. With 2021 here, businesses must be prepared for potentially more sales tax changes in the new year.
Join Diana DiBello from Avalara in our upcoming webinar to make sure you’re up-to-speed on recent sales and use tax changes and ready for those in 2021.
• The impact of COVID-19 in 2020 and its influence on 2021
• Why understanding economic nexus and its triggers is more important now than ever
• New tax obligations resulting from increased marketplace sales
• The international market and changes to cross-border ecommerce compliance
• Answers to your questions – live!