3 Key Benefits of CRM and ERP Integration
If you’re looking to streamline business processes and boost productivity, consider integrating your enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM software) systems. Doing so will help remove data silos in your organization and optimize operations to enhance efficiency.
Let’s take a look at three benefits of merging your ERP and CRM software.
- A 360 degree view of your customer. How well do you know your customers? One of the biggest advantages of CRM and ERP integration is that it gives you a complete view of your customer. From prospect, to sales and support, to finance and accounting, together these systems provide complete visibility into your customers’ needs, buying habits, order history, preferences, account standing, etc. Not only does this knowledge give you better insight into your customer base, it can help you build lasting relationships with customers and determine where there is potential for future growth. It can even help you anticipate your customer’s needs before your customer does.
- Better access to critical information. A CRM and ERP solution that is fully integrated gives your employees the ability to access important information in real-time. Without it, your employees are less efficient and your customers will pay the price. For example, when a customer contacts your call center with a simple question about the status of an order, your call center representative should not have to go into different systems to access that information or inquire with other employees. A fully integrated ERP and CRM solution empowers your employees with access to the information they need exactly when they need it. With the touch of a button, they can retrieve inventory levels, shipments, customer financials, order history, returns, payments, pricing, etc.
- Streamline business processes. In the past, without an integrated solution, many business processes were manual and time-consuming. However, a key benefit to merging your ERP and CRM software is enhanced productivity through streamlining processes and automating workflow. Additionally, an integrated solution cuts down on the amount of duplication of data entry tasks.
- Easier Quoting and Ordering
Employees using ERP will be able to see in real time orders coming through from the sales reps using the CRM software. This saves the time and hassle of having to re-enter data in multiple locations, thus increasing efficiency. Along those lines, sales reps can use ERP to determine the status of their orders and then update their customers throughout the process.
- Correct Quoting and Inventory
When systems are integrated, ERP users will receive properly priced and ordered sales from sales reps using the CRM solution. Then reps can see an updated and accurate availability of materials and pricing. The information on promotional or discount pricing will be available in CRM so all they need will be in one centralized location rather than in two distinct software solutions.