WorkWise, a leading technology company with world headquarters in the Milwaukee area, develops software solutions for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). We provide a results-oriented, fun and healthy work environment for our employees. For eight consecutive years WorkWise has been recognized by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as one of the area’s Top Workplaces and been recognized as one of the area’s Healthiest Employers by the Business Journal.
We are currently searching for an entry level position in IT Systems Administration. Responsibilities include server systems and network support, user support, license and asset management, as well as the provisioning of new servers, desktops and laptops for the organization. This position has excellent opportunity for advancement and growth in responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of R&D Technology.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Creating and refining the on-going design, maintenance, backups, and security of multiple production workloads
- Buying, configuring, and maintain physical server hardware for server room
- Influencing, planning, and implementing internal system hardware/software decisions
- Support and maintain company infrastructure, including but not limited to: Active Directory, physical servers, Firewall/VPN, WiFi
- Cost monitoring across all IT-related purchasing
- Administrator to Office 365
- User support
- Software licensing
- Company network security
- Ensure availability of internal system backups
- Assist in creating IT budgets
- Staying current with new product announcements from relevant providers (AWS, Microsoft, etc).
Working knowledge/familiarity of the following:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Active Directory, DHCP/DNS, IIS, SQL server, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, WSUS, Microsoft Licensing
- Hyper-V Server, VMWare ESXi, Server 2008 R2 through 2016, Veeam, Microsoft Office, TeamViewer
- Storage technologies (Raid, drive types, cloud and on premise)
- Being able to work with vendors on service, product availability and pricing
- Soft skills (work ethic, sense of responsibility, positive attitude, good communication, working well with others/team player)
- Can program in various OS scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, .bat)
- Will possess a flexible work schedule
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
WorkWise offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and PTO.
WorkWise, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
WorkWise participates in E-Verify.
Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted.
No agencies please.