Marketing automation software is designed to automate repetitive marketing tasks such as sending out email blasts as well as assist in campaign management and monitoring website visitors. Marketing automation helps marketing in different industries get their specific messaging out to their audience.
CRM and marketing automation are conflated, but they really serve two different purposes. As previously mentioned, marketing automation helps businesses achieve their marketing goals through the completion of marketing tasks. On the other hand, CRM software hits two points: build a business’s relationship with its customers which serves its ultimate goal: increase sales.
These two software’s work together to create an all-in-one customer service and marketing experience. Store your customer information to help strengthen your business’s customer service (a CRM feature), while also using that same information to execute highly targeted marketing campaigns (marketing automation). CRM and marketing automation go hand in hand.
How to Use Your Marketing Automation Software
Marketing automation is used by businesses for a number of reasons, including content marketing, on-boarding, and daily work automation. In order to know how to best use your software, you should first establish what your marketing goals are.
Since the main purpose the software provides is marketing, businesses use marketing automation to develop strong, well thought out and organized creative marketing campaigns. Send out automated email blasts and track how well the campaign is doing with the metrics feature that many software’s provide. Maintain customer relationships with a CRM integration and save more time during the work day by having the system automate daily tasks.
Common Features of Marketing Automation Software
- Email marketing – an email marketing solution can be used to increase sales, boost customer engagement, nurture customer relationships and improve customer retention.
- Lead qualification – store leads and qualify them based on personal characteristics or certain behaviors. Lead qualifications also allow users to turn their websites into lead generators. Ensure sales associates are working with active qualified leads.
- CRM integration – CRM integration allows users to store and organize customer information and use them for potential marketing opportunities.
- Campaign tracking/management – create, execute, manage and analyze highly targeted, multi-phased campaigns across marketing channels. Users can target campaigns to deliver personalized marketing messages and nurture customer relationships.
- Lead Nurturing – Lead nurturing is the process of developing relationships with buyers at every stage of the sales funnel. Ensure that all of your business’s leads are properly qualified before being sent to your sales team through lead nurturing.
Why Use Marketing Automation Over Other Software Options?
- Qualify customers – be sure you aren’t wasting time on leads that won’t covert to sales. Lead qualification processes help ensure sales associates are working with active leads by qualifying based on personal characteristics: locations, title or company size.
- Maintain customer relationships – with marketing automation (and a CRM integration) users can best maintain relationships with both current and prospective customers. Store customer information, like contact information, previous forms of contact and past purchases, into the software to access whenever a customer reaches out to your business.
- Track your marketing initiatives –develop and execute marketing campaigns that can also be tracked. With campaigns like email blasts, you can track success through the use of metrics such as open rate, click through rate, and bounces.
- Increase revenue – developing marketing campaigns geared toward your customers, can help potential increase a business’s revenue. Use customer information that is stored into the software and analytics to learn what your customers purchase frequently. Knowing information like that can help your marketing department develop customer-specific campaigns.
How to Choose Your Marketing Software
When choosing a software, it is important to make a list of things that your business needs out of marketing automation software. Marketing-wise, what is important to your business? Do you want campaign management? The ability to create email campaigns or generate leads? It is important to research your options. Another thing to consider is price. Businesses have to maintain a budget, and the same goes for their chosen software. If you decide to go with your first researched software, you could miss out on one that is a better fit for your business and even features additional modules that can strengthen your business.