ERP ranks high among the most comprehensive, powerful data management solutions available. For many businesses, ERP is ideal for data analysis, automation and full-scale infrastructure integration. However, with many systems available, selecting the right ERP system can seem overwhelming.
Because ERP helps employees with tedious tasks, it is important to know what the software offers those who use it on a daily basis. Continue reading to learn more about WorkWise ERP and the 9 key features that make the software just what it is.
1. Cloud and On-Premise Options: Cloud and On-Premise Options
We have discussed the differences between cloud and on-premise options on our blog before. Both options are truly based on what works best for your company and its employees. Cloud ERP provides flexibility of use. It is hosted through your vendor, so there is no implementation cost or process. You have the ability to access it through any browser of your choice, in any location. All you need is wifi access and you have enterprise resource planning software instantly. This makes it easier for employees who may work outside of your company office.
On-premise enterprise software is all installed and used in house. This version of the software has a larger price tag because of the implementation process. On-premise software can only be used within your place of work, so there is no option to use it outside of the office like there is with the cloud.
ERP gives you the option to decide which works best for your company culture.
2. Planning Suite
The planning suite allows users to plan capacity and material requirements, manage production schedules and generate accurate statistical forecasts. Here is just what the planning suite can do.
- Capacity requirements planning – you have the ability to run simulations and use shop floor scheduling tools to view capacity requirements. WorkWise ERP capacity requirements planning application offers real time adjustment of load and capacity to resolve conflicts.
- Material requirements planning – With the material requirements planning feature, employees can determine what products should be produced and in what quantity by a specific date. You are able to easily schedule and forecast product demand and create a complete material plan.
- Master production scheduling – this planning feature increases your material requirement predictability by establishing a consistent production schedule that considers both customer orders and forecast.
- Advanced forecasting – Develop accurate forecasts with the advanced forecasting application. It supports a sales and operations planning process, efficiently balancing your company’s supply and demand.
Here is what ERP has to offer within the engineering realm.
- Bills of material – the bills of material ERP application incudes every style of BOM and is integrated with all functions in the supply chain from customer order processing through production costing.
- Routings – the routings application provides tools that are needed for accurate and flexible scheduling, the basis for work loading and the source of planned cost for direct, indirect and overhead costs.
- Product configurator – with this feature you have the ability to simplify the production of engineered, ordered, planned and controlled products that are uniquely configured or assembled for each customer order.
4. Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
With this feature you are able to deliver a stand out customer service experience with quoting, estimating, order management, returns and warranties. Additional information on those features are as follows:
- Estimating – create and maintain accurate estimates which gives you a better understanding of the relationships between the manufacturing process, costs and pricing.
- Ecommerce gateway – manage your customer facing applications which includes, web collaboration, catalog content and inventory management as well as credit card processing.
- Serial & warranty control – maintain accurate records for warranties and serial number purchases and sales. It gives you control and is an effective way of dealing with regulatory compliance.
5. Materials planning and costing (MRP)
MRP allows your products to be scheduled and forecasted produces a complete material plan which determines the quantities and delivery schedules of needed components.
6. Shop Floor Management / Shop Floor Control
Shop Floor Control is a real–time database of shop floor activity including new work, current work–in–progress and completions. As work moves through the plant and operations are completed, you receive instant feedback so you can respond effectively.
7. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
EDI facilitates order entry, invoicing and Advanced Shipping Notice processes by removing the need for paper forms and filings. It also provides data transmission to exchange this information instantly rather than via mail.
8. Quality Management
Quality Management allows manufacturers to monitor quality through the manufacturing process.
Lean/Kanban is a communication system that controls the flow of the shop, and synchronizes the level of production to customer demand.
Enterprise resource planning software has many features to help your company run smoothly and efficiently. The most important part when searching for ERP software, is research. You want to make sure that your provider offers exactly what you’re company needs, so that you don’t run into issues in the future. If you’d like to learn more about ERP software, contact us today.