Although there is no set rule that precisely defines when a manufacturing company is ready to implement an ERP software solution, when a business is suffering because it is growing, ERP can solve many of the associated problems and help your business to succeed as it grows.
Here are the top five signs that your business is ready for an ERP software solution.
- You use different software for different purposes throughout your company. If your accounting team uses a different system to track orders than your sales team does and taking and filling an order are done in different software, your business is not running as efficiently as it could be. Keeping multiple different systems up to date is a difficult task and things are bound to fall through and result in an unhappy or dissatisfied customer. With ERP, multiple business functions can be integrated and allow for the whole business to have access to up-to-date data. When time isn’t being wasted with multiple systems, your business will be more productive and profitable.
- Information about your business is difficult to access for any reason. While information can be gathered by using spreadsheets and keying in data, ERP software will automatically generate data like sales margins or a particular customers’ order and payment history. If the appropriate information is always entered into the software, it will quickly produce important information as often as you’d like.
- Accounting is growing increasingly difficult. ERP software ensures that accounting staff will not waste their time putting the same information into multiple databases. After an ERP solution is implemented, financial reports will be more accurate and infinitely easier to generate.
- Customer Experience is suffering. If a customer calls to check on their order and your employees can’t definitively tell them whether it is out of stock, on its way, or still being processed, or need to find a coworker who knows more about the order, then it may be time for an ERP system. By implementing an ERP solution, all employees will have access to the same accurate, real time information and be able to pull up everything having to do with a customer with just a few clicks.
- Your IT is too complex. If you have a whole team of IT personnel who can’t keep up with the multiple systems performing all different business functions, an ERP Solution will lessen the load on them as well as eliminate the need for constant software updates and security threats.