The job of a salesperson is crucial but can be complicated at times. Turning a prospect into a sale can be difficult and it can be even more challenging to keep motivation up. You are often met with unanswered calls and emails or are merely communicating with customers who have no interest in purchasing your product.
While this can be a frustrating experiencing, it is also comforting to know that this happens to sales reps across the board. It can also be inspiring to know it has happened to some of the greatest minds of our time and most managed to maintain motivation and perseverance.
Does your sales team need a little motivation to get over a lost sale, or to be reminded why they love what they do? Below are 40 motivational sales quotes to inspire your team to succeed.
Motivational Sales Quotes about Discipline
- “Either run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” –Tony Robbins
- “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.” – Les Brown
- “Today is always the most productive day of your week.” – Mark Hunter
- “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Thomas Jefferson
Motivational Sales Quotes about Determination and Persistence
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” –Estée Lauder
- “If you don’t give up on something you truly believe in, you will find a way.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops.” – Thomas J. Watson Jr
- “If football taught me anything about business, it is that you win the game one play at a time.” – Fran Tarkenton
Motivational Sales Quotes about Overcoming
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” – David Brinkley
- “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Motivational Sales Quotes about Attitude
- “Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” – Jim Cathcart
- “It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp
- “All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like, and trust.” – Bob Burg
- “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect.” – William Clement Stone
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
- “Quality performance starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
Motivational Sales Quotes about Innovation
- “What differentiates sellers today is their ability to bring fresh ideas.” – Jill Konrath
- “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman
- “Nobody likes to be sold to, but everybody likes to buy.” – Earl Taylor
- “A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Motivational Sales Quotes about Perspective
- “Trying is winning in the moment.” –Dan Waldschmidt
- “The key to mastering any kind of sales is switching statements about you – how great you are, and what you do – to statements about them.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Begin by always expecting good things to happen.” – Tom Hopkins
- “The same wind blows on us all. What matters is not the blowing of the wind but the set of the sail.” – Jim Rohn
- “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” –Roy Bartell
- “The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.” – John Mason
- “What we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
Motivational Sales Quotes about Sales and Competition
- “Your competition is everything else your prospect could conceivably spend their money on.” – Don Cooper
- “The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.” – Henry Ford
- “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
- “Prospecting – find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
- “Every sale has five obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
The diverse backgrounds and occupations of the outstanding people who spoke these words show that no matter the industry or background, we all need motivation in both life and work. Even though all of the quotes focus on the theme of being motivated in your life, they take on different tones. For example, quotes from Thomas Paine, Ben Friedman and Albert Einstein are short, but grand, while others like Bob Burg and Jeffrey Gitomer chose to provide motivation in a more intricate way.
No matter how devoted sales professionals are to their job, it is normal to need a pick me up in the motivation department to better perform their jobs. Reading these quotes are a start, but another way to provide a major jolt in your businesses motivation department is by utilizing the right type of software.
WorkWise’s OnContact CRM helps sales reps perform their jobs to the best of their ability by storing important client information to build the relationship between a business and their clients as well as assisting with streamlining business processes and helping with marketing and sales efforts.
WorkWise is proud to offer valuable CRM benefits to help sales professionals achieve success. Read about what CRM is, here!